Keep track of your direct messages and group direct messages in Slack while you’re away from your desk with Focals.
Sign in to a Slack workspace
Before you can see or reply to Slack messages on Focals, you’ll need to use the Slack Ability in the Focals app and sign in to a Slack workspace:
- In the Focals app, select > Abilities.
- Tap the Slack slider and sign in to the workspace you want to use.
Reply to direct messages
When you receive a direct message or group direct message on Focals, you can use any of the usual Smart Reply options to respond on-the-go. Here’s how:
- Click the Slack message notification on Focals or navigate to the Notifications view and click a direct message to open the action menu.
All of your unread notifications and messages appear in your Notifications view.
- Select a reply option:
Smart Replies are quick, contextual responses that apply to the conversation you’re responding to. To see Smart Replies, select and click
Use Loop to scroll through the replies (including emojis!) and click to send your reply.
Sometimes it’s better to just speak what’s on your mind.
Select and click and use your voice to have Focals transcribe a message for you.
When you’re done, click to send your reply.
Manage direct messages
For those times you don’t want to respond right away, you can also mark direct messages as read, snooze, or clear them from your Notifications view.
- Click a direct message to open the action menu.
- Select to either mark a message as read or set a Slackbot reminder to come back to it later.
- Click to clear a message from your Notifications view.
Can't set up the Slack Ability? Contact us at email@example.com for troubleshooting.