The Focals Showroom app uses a bright flash that must clearly reflect from your eyes. Because Focals have such a precise display technology, we need to be able to accurately detect this reflected flash before we can recommend a size that will work best for you.
If there are other light sources around you, this could cause additional reflections to be visible in your eye. Reflections from computer/TV screens, windows, or other sources of light will affect the app's ability to detect your eyes. When the app can’t clearly detect the reflected flash, you’ll hear a message that says the room you’re in is too bright.
If you keep getting this message after multiple scans, here are a few things you can try for a better scan:
- It can be tricky to get a good scan outdoors. Head inside before you start your scan in the Focals Showroom app.
- Go to a well-lit room with fewer windows and face a wall before starting your scan.
- Make sure you remove glasses if you’re wearing any and face away from any screens, windows, or direct lighting.
- Don’t blink or close your eyes until the countdown turns into a checkmark.
- Open your eyes wider when you’re ready to start your scan.
If you’re still having trouble and keep getting this message, tap to submit a bug through the Focals Showroom app or contact us so we can get more information about what you're experiencing.