Now, you can keep pace with your conversations on Twitter. Like, retweet, and reply whenever you receive a mention right from Focals. Here’s how you can get started:
- Open the Focals app > Abilities and tap the Twitter slider.
- Sign in with your Twitter account.
- When you receive a Twitter mention on Focals, click to see the action menu.
- Click either Like, Retweet, or Reply. For replies, you can select either a Smart Reply or use Voice to text to compose a response.
Enable the Twitter ability in the Focals app to reply, like, and retweet mentions on Focals.
Scroll up and down to see replies in a thread.
We’ve implemented many fixes this time around to help with many connection issues:
- It wasn’t always clear that you’ve lost connection to Focals, so you’ll see a new message on your display to indicate when you lose connection.
- There’s less retries required to get paired and connected to Focals in the app.
- Alexa's successful more often, but if she isn’t, she now better communicates failed requests.
- Voice to text replies won’t take multiple times to send and if you lose internet connection, this is now more clear on Focals.
- Overall improvements to Bluetooth and disconnection frequency.
There’s also many more improvements to the features you use every day:
- If an event in your calendar has a location or address attached, you can now start walking directions or order an Uber from Focals. Click the calendar event on the Calendar view, Now moment, or event notification to see navigation options.
- There’s more variety when it comes to smart replies, thanks to an update to our reply model. You’ll notice that there’s less duplicates and more responses with full sentences.
- We updated Focals to the latest emoji pack, so you’ll see some new faces for your emoji replies.
- We fixed bugs that caused Music ID and music detection to fail frequently.
We’re always listening to your feedback so we can improve your experience using Focals. Sometimes, that means saying goodbye to features we released previously:
- We’re saying goodbye to Wonderland: one of our first demo experiences that allowed you to share what you would see on Focals. Instead, you can use Showcase. Showcase streamlines how you can share Focals with others, making it easy to select different features on Focals to show off and interact with.
- After looking through your feedback, we are also bidding farewell to Rewind. Rewind let you record audio snippets for meetings and transcribed these snippets into notes you could access after. At times, Rewind wouldn’t work in all settings and transcriptions weren’t always accurate. We’re removing the feature for now, but will continue to find ways to make Rewind or a similar feature better.
- To help you stay on track with your to-do’s, we introduced Daily Tasks on Focals from the Calendar view. Since then, we worked on bringing Google Tasks and Todoist to Focals and moved Tasks to their own view separate from your Calendar. We find that it’s easier to sync to-do’s across these task apps instead of needing to duplicate them with another Daily Tasks feature. We’re removing tasks from the Calendar view so you can always have the most up-to-date to-do lists across your devices- Focals included!